Monday, October 29, 2012

Giant Panda

         I was surfing the internet, searching for something interesting to share. Then this come out from my mind. "Why don't I share some interesting facts about animals?"
         And here it is..... I decided to share some interesting facts about Giant Panda which I got from a kid's site. I love Pandas and I think the facts are really interesting, so I hope you enjoy reading them too...
         Hope Panda in Disguise can be as much enjoyable as Giant Panda's facts. They are both pandas, you know...
  • The giant panda is native to China
  • It has a black and white coat that features large black patches around its eyes
  • Pandas are an endangered species, population estimates vary but there may be around 2000 left living in the wild
  • A giant panda cub weighs only around 150 grams (5 oz) at birth
  • Adult males can weigh up to 150 kg (330 lb)
  • Giant panda has a lifespan of around 20 years in the wild
  • Female pandas raise cubs on their own (the male leaves after mating)
  • The diet of a panda is made up almost entirely of bamboo
  • Giant pandas eat as much as 10 kg (22 lb) of bamboo a day
  • Giant pandas are good climbers
  • The scientific name for the giant panda is ‘Ailuropoda melanoleuca
  • An animated movie from 2008 named ‘Kung Fu Panda’ features a giant panda called ‘Po’
Some more interesting facts about the panda
  • Giant panda is on WWF's official logo
  • The most important fact is, giant panda is this blog's mascot
  • Giant panda is used for cars designs, Fiat Panda, Geely Panda* and Geely Panda Cross (*just letting you know, I own the red one :p , I will tell you about it some other time)
Geely Panda Cross
Fiat Panda
Geely Panda
To see the WWF logo evolution, please see WWF logo evolution

    No comments:

    Post a Comment